With a better user experience, audience could easily understand what the organization want to express. Here I presented what is use experience, how to advocate it, and an example in a real museum with my suggestions.
1. About UX. https://uxpa.org/resources/about-ux
2. User Experience is Strategy, not Design. http://www.peterme.com/2012/05/04/user-experience-is-strategy-not-design/
3. User Experience Design. http://semanticstudios.com/user_experience_design
4. How to Advocate and Evangelize User Experience. https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/how-to-advocate-and-evangelize-user-experience.
5. 10 Examples of Good User Experience (UX). https://www.tronebrandenergy.com/blog/10-examples-good-user-experience-ux.
Example: Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History
- What is each platform used for?
- Facebook: To reach more visitors to join the museum membership.
- Twitter: Help to promote (repost) the activities in all Smithsonian Institution Museums.
- Instagram: Post the photo about the events that in the museum.
- YouTube: Educational value
- How do they engage with their audiences?
- Most of them did not connect with the audiences.
- Facebook: one post per day.
- Twitter: avg. 3 posts per day (See Appendix 1)
- Instagram: avg. one post per day (See Appendix 2)
- YouTube: o post in last 4 month
- Based on the readings, what is this organization doing well?
- Facebook and Twitter reach most people.
- What could be improved? How would you advise them?
- Post more in social media;
- Response on social media;
- Focus on the FB and Twitter, which own most followers;
- Promote their YouTube channel: subtitles, more videos (such as an event scope);
- Links to each other among the social medias;
- Redesign their website.
Appendix 1 Frequency of NMNH Twitter
Appendix 2 Frequency of NMNH YouTube
I HATE SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
I interested in no social medias. I only use two social medias: FaceBook and Weibo, but I see them as “media” rather than “social media”. There is no “real” social in those apps, only announcement and news as I see.
Here is a snapshot of my phone, only 19 apps. I really prefer simple life. Everything in my life that I want them being as simple. For another example, in my cloth chest, I only has 4 T-shirt, 4 pants, 7 underwear, 2 jackets, 2 pairs of shoes, 7 stockings, and nothing more (includes the cloth on mine). I hate low-usage. I could not understand people download social media and check them once a week or a month – it will drag down your phone speed.
Actually, I think NMNH did very good on Social Media. Everything the post is necessary.